Power Protection and Diesel Generators are synonymous with each other as the only serious way to guarantee emergency power for critical systems in the event of a power failure. PowerContinuity Systems design, build and install automatic generator power protection systems across the UK. Ireland and Europe.
Want a fully installed Generator Installation ?
Then call us on 0845 055 8455
Our Engineers are here to help you.
No Stress just lots of Free advice and Help
Generator Installers – Before the lights go out – BE PREPARED !
Before we begin the generator installation service this is what we do:-
Generator Installation – Site Survey – We will site survey your building at no cost to offer you a choice of backup generator options to suit your budget, to find the most cost effective system.
Generator Installation – Design – PowerContinuity will design from scratch a purpose built generator system, providing the schematics and electrical drawings that you will need should planning applications be required.
Generator Installation – Generators – You can choose to have your diesel generator built in any of the following ways and choose what size of fuel tank, colour etc. And even which control systems you prefer. PowerContinuity systems use engines from all the major generators engine suppliers so You can choose the backup system, that most suites your needs.
Diesel Generator Installation – PowerContinuity systems engineers have over 25 years experience in complete generator installation services, siting generator systems in basements, on roofs, on ships, on remote highland sites.
Generator Installation – What about generator maintenance – We not only train your own personnel in the operation of your newly installed automatic power protection system, we also cover the whole system with our 24-7 generator maintenance and call out team.
You have your own requirements– This is never an issue, PowerContinuity Systems work with any make or company to arrive at the finished system that means your personal requirements.
Generators – Each Generator Installation can either be fully automatic or manual.
Open set – No sound proofing – These are usually installed inside a dedicated room in a basement or ground floor level next to the switch intake. The generator and alternator and fuel tank are all mounted on a heavy duty metal skid. As there is no sound attenuation the noise levels are high.
Canopied set – With sound proofing by means of the acoustic canopy – These are usually installed outside a building in a car park or outside the intake room and 80dbA @ 1 metres noise level
Acoustic and weather proof canopy – With sound proofing by means of the acoustic canopy that is both lockable and weather proof – These are usually installed outside a building in a car park or outside the intake room and 80dbA @ 1 metres noise level
Containerised – With sound proofing by means of the acoustic lined container that is both lockable and weather proof – These are usually installed outside a building in a car park or outside the intake room. Containerised generators are usually larger generators above 500kVA and upward larger sizes and 80dbA @ 1 metres noise level
Marine Containerised – With sound proofing by means of the acoustic lined container that is both lockable and sea weather proof – These are usually installed on the deck of a ship. Marine Containerised generators are usually larger generators above 500kVA and upward larger sizes, and 80dbA @ 1 metres noise level. We do require that the ship is in port for the duration of the installation.
Bespoke built generators– We can custom build in accordance with the clients requirements.
- Desert Specification to withstand temperatures up to 55 C and – 10 C at night
- Extreme Winter Specification to withstand temperatures of down to -40C in winter conditions
- Silent Specification to have 75dbA or less noise emissions @ 1 metre in open field conditions
- Super Silent Specification to have 70dbA or less noise emissions @ 1 metre in open field conditions
- Extreme Silent Specification to have 65dbA or less noise emissions @ 1 metre in open field conditions
- Whisper Silent Specification to have 60dbA or less noise emissions @ 1 metre in open field conditions
- Double skinned acoustic containerised with double skinned fuel tanksBespoke built generators– We can custom build any of our generators accordance with the clients requirements into a building –i.e. Retrofit or even build custom made sound attenuation into an existing building – Click here for more information on how PowerContinuity builds sound attenuation into existing buildings.Generator Installation -Diesel Fuel Tanks – Made to measure – Click here Diesel generators– Fuel tanks for Red Diesel – Each generator that we build comes with an on-board fuel tank. If you choose an openset generator on a skid then the fuel tank is usually a separate stand alone tank made to fit your space and double skinned.We can custom build larger fuels tanks in accordance with the clients requirements up to 14 days fuel requirements. The largest that we have built so far is 50,000 litre tankGenerator Installation need Automatic Mains Transfer panels – AMF or ATP – Made to your specs.Diesel generators– Automatic Mains Transfer panel – Each generator that we build comes with a control panel that allows it to be connected to an AMF. An Automatic Mains Transfer panel allows the fully installed power protection to operate without any human involvement. The emergency power system will start up within seconds of a power failure and turn itself off once the grid power has been restored for a stable period of at least 5 minutes. This time period can be adjusted to the conditions of your installation, longer or shorter – Click herefor more information on how an Automatic Mains Fail panel works.We can custom build Automatic Mains Transfer panels to any size and any multiple steps allowing cascading of different floors or equipment to start up in a predetermined sequence.
Most of the well known companies in the UK are power protected by PowerContinuity Systems. If it’s good enough for them it will be great for you.