Things to Check Before Starting Your New Generator Set
It is important to read all the instructions contained in the manual, together with those contained in the engine and alternator manuals. These instructions will ensure that the generating set you have purchased will give you satisfactory operation for a long time.
The following points should be noted:
- Where to fill or check the water level, lubricating oil level and fuel oil level.
- The fuel should be turned on, and the fuel system bled.
- Drain the water out of the separator (if the engine is fitted with one).
- Ensure that the battery has been correctly filled to the correct levels. Normally shipped in dry conditions.
- Before starting the engine check for visible leaks and damage.
- Also, check the batteries for visible leaks and damage.
- Check the radiator for visible leaks and damage
- Check the control panel for any damage.
- Connect the 13 amp supply to the battery charger and water heater.
- Finally, check the fuel tank is full.
After you are sure that the engine is in a satisfactory condition, start the engine by means of the key start, start push-button or duty selector switch.
Do not load the engine immediately, but check for any possible leaks or hidden damage which may have occurred during transport.
Once satisfied the engine is running correctly, load the engine and run in accordance with the engine operator’s instructions. Is the generator on LEVEL hard standing?
Read the manual start and automatic mains fail panel. Often referred to as the AMF or ATS panel.
Search – Knowledge Base