Generator Won’t Stop – Fails to Stop
If your diesel generator won’t stop and just keeps running, FIRST check the following suggestions.
- If the breaker is jammed in the OPEN position, arrange for the MCCB to be serviced.
- Is the fuel pump forcing fuel through the generator without receiving a signal to stop? Check the electrical connection when safe to do so.
- Has the control panel stopped working? Look for loose wiring connections inside the panel, ensuring safety at all times.
- HIT the emergency STOP button. This will STOP the generator (unless someone has
disabled the connection).
Then as a priority, call a local generator engineer to investigate the issue.
A generator will only have stop/start issues if:
- you have ignored the manufacturer’s service and maintenance recommendations, or
- you have allowed adverse weather conditions to affect the generator over a lengthy period of time.
It maybe time to service your generator.
Call Power Continuity on 0845 055 8455
Search – Knowledge Base