How to Choose a Suitable UPS Location
In this article we will discuss key questions to keep in mind when deciding suitable UPS locations for the different types of UPS’s.
The choice of a particular installation location for the UPS depend on many things:
- Firstly, available space
- Can the floor safely support the weight of the equipment?
- Will the installation cause continued inconvenience to the existing personnel and business?
- Are the environmental conditions at the chosen UPS location suitable?
- Allow secure and convenient access to the UPS equipment.
- Does the UPS comprise one module or several in parallel?
- What is the effect of the installation on existing air flow and air conditioning equipment?
- Will the switchgear controlling the UPS be in the same area?
- Can the chosen area safely accommodate the battery installation?
Modern UPS locations summarised below:
A normal office environment will accommodate UPS’s less than 20kVA. Above all ensure the additional noise and heat does not adversely affect the office environment.
Between sizes of a 20kVA and 100kVA, designed to be installed in computer rooms.
Greater than 100kVA will usually be located either in a separate UPS room or an existing plant room.
If you need more advice of Choosing a suitable locations for your UPS or Generator.
Call Power Continuity
On 0845 055 8455
Our trained engineers are here to help
Search – Knowledge Base