How to Operate a Wall-Mounted Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Bypass Switch
Bypass switch must not to be operated if the UPS is in ‘Battery Mode’!
Under normal conditions,
the INPUT and OUTPUT breakers on the external bypass should be closed.
This enables the load to be operated through the UPS.
First call your UPS supplier and speak with an engineer before continuing
– Procedure only if LED ‘A’ is flashing red/green or solid green.
– Hold down the Red ‘O’ button for 5 seconds.
– LED’s ‘C’ and ‘E’ should turn red and LED ‘F’ yellow
– Open the External Wall mounted Bypass switch door.
– Insert the key into the interlock at the side of the bypass breaker.
– Turn Key, the red light on the Bypass switch should go red
– Finally, after the light is red, operate the Maintenance Bypass Switch on this panel
– Most UPS manufacturers will not accept responsibility for interruption or damage of critical load through incorrect use of the bypass switch.
IF THE ABOVE PROCEDURE IS NOT FOLLOWED EXACTLY- THE LOAD ON THE OUTPUT OF THE UPS MAY BE INTERRUPTED CAUSING THE UPS DAMAGE.
All the above is a guide only and should be carried out ONLY in conjunction with an engineer present or under the direction of a UPS engineer
Search – Knowledge Base