UPS FANS – WHY?
UPS FANS are important to the operational status of your Power Continuity UPS
UPS Fans will require replacement at least every 5 years dependant on the working environment of the UPS. This is down to age & wear and tear.
What to look for with UPS Fans:-
- First – Check the FAN noise is it continuous or intermittent ?
- Second – Continuous low level noise is the normal for UPS Fans
- Third – Intermittent noise can be fans wearing out- no longer spinning centrally- bearings wearing out
- Forth- Dust can build up in the fans causing a smokey smell- check ?
- Lastly if the fan noise is high pitched- something is caught in the fan
- Call an engineer to site to check and fix
- First – NEW fans are shinny out of the box – Come in many sizes
- Second- Fans do become darker with age – No Issue
- Third – Are the fans rotating or stationary ? Check they are all operational
- Forth – Stationary fans will cause the UPS to over heat- replace ASAP
- Lastly –You can sometimes lose one fan and still the UPS to operate
- BUT this is a warning before they all FANS begin to fail. ACT NOW don’t wait
When NEW Fans are fitted , sometimes dust and debris from the floor underneath the UPS will get sucked up due to the power of the NEW fans. This will create some pinging noise for a short time until it is cleared. Nothing to worry about. It passes within 30 minutes .
VIDEO – Click here for example of an operational working UPS fan
Call Power Continuity
0845 055 8455 for UPS systems assistance 24/7
Search – Knowledge Base